Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Harriman

3K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  fishing3o3 
G
#1 ·
Well I couldn't believe the reports of tiger muskie or pike being in harriman. The only thing I have ever seen in that lake has been cerp and stocker rainbows but I went I checked it out las night I didn't catch any thing but I saw a bout a five pound pike along the dam. Cant wait to give it another shot any body got any tips for harriman?

#4 ·
Haha you dont hear me say this very often but.... Where is Harriman at?

#8 ·
i went to harriman every day this week, didnt catch anything at the beginning of the week but the last three days has been great, caught a total of 6 cats but released one because it was too small, the largest one i just caught five hours ago, worms are the best bait. haha havin too much fun im going back tommorow night as well.

#14 ·
Went to Harriman Lake tonight from 8:00pm-9:00pm to scout all these stories about big trout, catfish, and muskies....Talked to a guy named jeff who lives nearby and has been fishing harriman fort ten years he stated about once or twice a week. So who better to get some info from. I was tossing a lure by him asking him questions. He stated he personally has caught: Muskie, Pike, Walleye, Catfish, Trout, Bass, Perch, and Bluegills out of the lake. He did catch one good sized Walleye while I was there (about 19 inches) on worms on the bottom as well as some small perch which he divided and used to lure crafish with. In the span of about 1 hour he had filled his bucket with crafish (He said he was going to Horsetooth tomorrow and neded some crawdads for bait) and he told me a few spots for different types of fish they are as follows:

For Walleye - north & west side and Dam area using worms on bottom
For Channel Cats - north & west side and Dam area using crawdad tails, stinkbait, or worms on bottom
Muskie - on East side by all the trees on rapalas
Bass - everywhere typical bass tackle
Trout - Everywhere on typical trout tackle

Using lures I had a couple of bites no fish. In 1 hour. Just basically went to sout and check out the layout. Hope this helps for any who wanted to go there.

#17 ·
Kind of funny here is the write up for Harriman Lake Reservoir in the Fishing Close To Home publication...(I have talked to others who have caught the the game fish mentioned earlier in the thread)...now on to the write up...

Harriman Lake Reservoir

Location W. Quincy Ave and S. Kipling Parkway. Parking off Kipling. Trail to lake.
Size: 70 acres; 18 feet maximum depth
Fish: Bluegill, green catfish (typo? did they mean sunfish), largemouth bass, crappie, common carp and white sucker.
Agency: Foothills Metro Park and Rec District
Comments: Open 5am to 10pm. No boats, wading or floatation devices.

Not even close to the species mentioned earlier...

#23 ·
the heat is definantly making it hard to catch fish here, so i just got home from fishing here yeah i spent the night at harriman yea yea i know i broke the rule, got there at 9 pm fished the first clearing from the parking lot;nothing. at 1 am went over to the dam didnt have any luck untill we moved to the north side, put our fishing poles in and waited my friend and i started to lose faith, i got comfortable on a rock and closed my eyes for about five minutes, then all of a sudden my bell starts going crazy rushed to put on my shoes(yea i had them off) started reeling, WHAT EVER IT WAS IT WAS HUGE!! got it about 20 feet away from shore then SNAP i lost my trophy!! man i was soo pumped, i had 12# pound test on, and that thing ripped it like nothing, i for got to set my drag, well im going back tonite......

#24 ·
fishing 303... The side that the locals stated was most productive was the north and north west side from the cove all the way throough the retaining wall on the north side....You will see a pile of two or three Concrete rocks on the sandy north side...That is where Jeff caught his walleye on worms and the locals swear on fresh crawdad tails....Good fishing tonight and hope you catch your trophy.

#26 ·
went to harriman around 8 walked to the north west side of the lake set out two rods, both with worms, within five minutes the bells ring and caught two 16 and half inch fish both the same size, fished on untill 10:30 with nothing so decided to go home and cook my catch might i ad they were delicious!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.