Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the Gap on Saturday, ice is a good 4" in most spots but there are some sketchy looking areas still. Drilled 16 holes and didn't see a single fish. Had 2 flags but missed both of those. No one else was catching that I talked to either

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hit the Gap on Saturday, ice is a good 4" in most spots but there are some sketchy looking areas still. Drilled 16 holes and didn't see a single fish. Had 2 flags but missed both of those. No one else was catching that I talked to either
Dang, we were out there Saturday and did pretty well. My soon to be father in law and I were in the Otter Blue Ice Camo Flip Over out in front of the dam. We showed up at 10:30 and fished until dark. Caught multiple perch, crappie, and bluegills. Biggest crappie was 13", biggest perch was 13", and biggest blue gill was 10". All of the panfish came on tungsten teardrop jigs with a waxie. We also managed this 36" pike on Thursday. Hopefully your luck turns around.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job, from the people I talked to it was tough. I am guessing you were fishing deep? I will be back up this next Saturday anyway

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
we might be there as well on Sat. Was thinking bout Blue, but a trip to a Gap might just be what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ice was sketchy this past weekend. I saw two spots in the middle open up and there are slush pockets across nearly the entire lake that you sink about 4 inches into. The ice in front of the dam and swim beach was only about 6 inches. Came across one spot on the ice that only had 1 inch of clear ice under the snow. I don't like hearing cracks when I'm drilling holes, I got out of there quick!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ice was fine where we were but I know to avoid certain areas until the ice is plenty thick. We had a solid 4" everywhere I drilled and that is fine for me but no less

1 - 20 of 26 Posts