Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Harvey Gap from 7am until about 2:30. Fishing was excellent for crappie, perch and bluegill between 6- 9". I was using a small teardrop jig with a tiny piece of nightcrawler fishing in 25-30 FOW. The crappie were suspended at about 5' off of the bottom and the bluegill were just below them. The crappie were aggressive chasing the lure several feet above them while it took more effort to get the bluegill to bite. The perch were on the very bottom and small. I also managed to land one 14" LM Bass. Here is a picture of a few that I kept.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Good to see harvey has a few fish left. You just don't see much caught out of there anymore besides tiny perch and slimy 10" stocker rainbows.

T

·
0 Posts
Beautiful Fishes!

Can't wait to get out there in the spring or early summer.

I need to start ice fishing. What area of the lake were you fishing (dam, north, south or etc)?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Great photo looks like a school of panfish. mmmmm.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tbmanivong said:
Beautiful Fishes!

Can't wait to get out there in the spring or early summer.

I need to start ice fishing. What area of the lake were you fishing (dam, north, south or etc)?
I fished up and down the eastern side. When it slowed down I would move. The key seemed to be fishing in 25 to 30" of water. I hope to go back monday! :)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i notied harvey gap res is day use, what time do they kik you out or an you fish into the evening?

how full was the res?

T

·
0 Posts
I don't know about day use only for ice fishing, but I usually fish Harvey Gap overnight during the summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts