Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit harvey today for my perch fix. THE ICE IS STILL POOR 1.5-2"IN SOME SPOTS. the middle section of the lake I fished today has some snow spots, under that snow is 2" of ice, out from the boat ramp is some new ice 1.5"-2" BE Carefull!! the other ice I was on had frozen slush on top of good ice no problem there. My normal Jalopy perch spots were not safe so I had to hunt around and wade through the dinks, ended up with a dozen decent eaters. Colder than heck today started at -10 and hit a high of 7 degrees, should make some good ice with those temps. Found better fish in 35 fow, sw of boat ramp. Rifle should be ripe next weekend.....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Bobco, thanks for the report. We will be over there next weekend and would like to meet up with you if you are going to hit Rifle or Harvey. Been trying to fish with you over there for the last couple of years and never seem to time it right. We are camping at Rifle Friday and Saturday night, fishing Harvey on our way in on Friday and all day at Rifle on Saturday and leaving Sunday open to hit the better of the 2 before leaving around noon to try to beat skier traffic home on I-70. Let me know if you are going to be out there and how we can meet up if you'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff, I'm sure I will be hitting Rifle this weekend, sent pm with my # will talk later in the week.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Hit there sunday. We got 10 or 12 perch. half were maybe 9". Others smaller. Most we talked to caught less if any. Well now I can say I've fished Harvey Gap! :p

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Trout said:
Slayer do I still get some perch today. :D man that sucks going that far for 9 perchies
You can have them all- ;D

3.5 hrs each way. 440 miles total. Awoke @245am, got home @830 pm. Typical day-

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slayer, did you fish the dam or where I suggested? Buddys fished over there Sunday and got a 13+ but the norm was dinkers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The 3 of us ended up with 50-60, most 6"-9", with that one a little over 13". The good spots should be ready this weekend if we don't end up at Rifle. A few guys were fishing it already on Sunday and claimed safe ice near the island to boat ramp.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bummer Slayer, I told you girls fish the dam ;) ;) come on over to Rifle this weekend and we will fill up a bucket of Jalopy Perch! Brown-time what water did you boys fish?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I used to get several pike per day, almost always one over 10 lbs, along with at least 50 perch and a couple dozen nice crappie, a few big gills and a few slimes out of harvey...its a lake that you have to put in a lot of time to learn and you will fail a lot in the beginning.

·
Registered
844 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Hit there sunday. We got 10 or 12 perch. half were maybe 9". Others smaller. Most we talked to caught less if any. Well now I can say I've fished Harvey Gap! :p
That's the kind of report I like to hear, that lake sucks >:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
bobco said:
bummer Slayer, I told you girls fish the dam ;) ;) come on over to Rifle this weekend and we will fill up a bucket of Jalopy Perch! Brown-time what water did you boys fish?
Here's where we fished. Got it? >:D

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brown time Got it, right where I told Slayer to go LOL....My laker buddys ask why I like perch fishing.......the answer.........

1 - 20 of 40 Posts