Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was at Rifle10 days ago and the ice was up to 12" and the edges were good, but it was 68 degrees today in GJ so you would need a long plank to get on Harvey.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Edges are blown out , ice is rotting fast. Hasn't dropped below freezing here in over a week. If you can get on I would expect the ice to be ok, but not for long. Monday Rifle still had 10-12", the top 4-5 was soft and brittle. I needed a 8ft plank to get on. A 12ft plank would of made it alot easier.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Here's what Rifle looks like. Open water on the east end past Cottonwood campground. Cloudy green ice with 10ft wide cracks, 15ft of open all around it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This may be the earliest ice off ever. I've seen it come off as late as the end of April. Looks like it is full. Rifle should be full now, as well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This may be the earliest ice off ever. I've seen it come off as late as the end of April. Looks like it is full. Rifle should be full now, as well.
This is Rifle and it is spilling. Harvey looked about the same and it close to full.

·
Registered
936 Posts
No matter if they are draining it Rip Lip.

I saw on the other forum that Harvey still has ice but its open for 3-4 feet around all the edges. Guy said ice is unsafe be he still fished on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts