Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a disturbing rumor yesterday that Harvey Gap was not going to allow any launching of trailered boats this year. Something about them being sued and not being able to afford to pay the AIS people. Has anyone heard this? If so why the hell do they care about AIS for a lake that was scheduled to be drained at the end of the season?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope this is just a rumor and nothing to it. You just never know with the CPW. Fake news! Haha. I sure hope so.

·
Registered
22 Posts
With what's going on the state right now about AIS I wouldn't doubt it if they did shut it down. Big deal happening with ACOE and much more about funding for the inspection program. CPW doesn't have the funds. Get ready for a fee increase somewhere.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Real or hoax with invasive species...the water owners arent going to let anything F with their water...they will shut boating down in a heart beat...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Meh, you guys have no idea. Harvey is about to be gutted. It's owned by large group of rancher/farmers, and supposedly the dam needs repair.

They're going to drain it anyway. There is no plan for fish conservation, relocation or salvage of any sort.

Really doesn't have much to do with the CPW (believe it or not), but everything to do with the people that own the water. They couldn't care less about your fishing desires.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I don't get the "lack of funds" part of all this. Keeping the lake open to inspection type boating is not a priority or they could find a way to do it.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I don't get the "lack of funds" part of all this. Keeping the lake open to inspection type boating is not a priority or they could find a way to do it.
I don't remember the exact details, but the lack of funds is actually a very likely scenario. The whole program was largely funded by the oil and gas industry. Colorado lost a lawsuit last year that overturned that, and not only did the funding go away, but the state has to pay back what they had collected. Things were supposed to be "ok" for the ANS program until the end of the physical year, but that looks like it was over optimistic now.

I will give 10 - 1 odds that you will soon see some sort of "launch fee" to pay for the program. What I have heard is that the amount will likely be a similar to what you already pay to register your boat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very disappointing but the state has made some very poor choices over the past decade leading up to these state department shortages. These poor choices will affect everyone here in Colorado. This also imo is a state sponsered protest to get the public's attention about the issues.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Carroth, I heard this week your lake Narraiguip is suffering the same fate, no boats launching? you heard that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So many armchair QBs here. CPW was very transparent about the lack of funding for ANS with the federal program sunsetting.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts