Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please let me know if any one has been up there.and if any1 can help me out on post pictures when posting a new thread thanks.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Try this out.

1. Open a new internet window
2. Go to www.tinypic.com
3. Click on the Browse button
4. Find your pic on your computer and click on it
5. Click on the host button
6. Wait for the page to load. This will host your pic and you should see your pic on the bottom of the screen
7. Next to your pic should be several lines with internet address looking codes in them
8. Highlight everything in the "IMG" line.
9. Right click on it and click copy
10. Now start a post. For example:

I caught this bad boy on the poudre last year. BLAH BLAH BLAH

I usually enter down one line. Then right click and click paste. It will paste what is in the IMG line on tiny pic.

That's all there is if you want to do more pics just repeat these steps. It's really easy once you figure it out. I don't really understand the whole "picture hosting site" thing but it works so if you have any ?????? let me know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx r the help that was easy. nice fish i love fishn the poudre its nice up there.heres a brown i caught in saratoga WYO.

·
Registered
107 Posts
you mean the RES. right?
I have been on the RES. Once... I am looking on going alot more this year. (last time I has there I bent my reel, long story, totaly my fault.)
A lot of my freinds have been up there a few times... someone else might have some better info depedind on what you are going after.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Horsetooth is mostly open right now but the water is extremely low (down about 70 feet from high levels this summer. I was shore fishing up there a few weeks ago and saw and caught absolutely nothing. I had heard some people were catching rainbows in santanka (the northern) cove, but that was around x-mas time.

Because of the dam repairs over the past 5 years and the draining of the reservior, much of the fishery was transported away. When the reservior was refilled the fishery was restocked but many of the fish are still very small. I caught a lot of smallmouth and the occasional walleye up there last year but nothing was legal size. I did catch a few nice 'bows however. I would guess that this year the fish should be getting a little bigger.

M

·
0 Posts
horsetooth is the one above the stadium in ft collins right?

im making a list...

·
Registered
82 Posts
fishfreek said:
thanx r the help that was easy. nice fish i love fishn the poudre its nice up there.heres a brown i caught in saratoga WYO.
That fish must have beat you silly man...you just don't look happy...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been fishing Horsetooth 4-5 times a year for the last three years.  The dam repairs were completed in late '03, and the water level started to come up in spring/summer 04.  I only recently bought a boat, so all but two of my trips were shore fishing.  When the water was low, I caught some small bows, but that's it.  In '04, I fished 4-5 times, and caught maybe 10 bows, and those only at the inlet.  Last year I caught a couple of small eyes from my boat, and a few bows.  The eyes were very small (12"ish), but the bows I caught were larger than I caught two years ago (14-16" mostly).  The low water level really tore up the fish population, but with the stocking efforts, the greater water level, and associated greater food supply, I expect the res to get better as time goes, but it's pretty far from being a great fishery yet.  (IMO)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kajitan said:
fishfreek said:

That fish must have beat you silly man...you just don't look happy...
no the weather was cold and was pullin on fish all day heres 1 more from the same day. oh yea i had a rough life dont smile much but when i was pullin on that fish with 4lb i was laughin with joy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts