Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This warm weather is going to get these fish moving and the increase in daylight should get them running up the river. Has anybody been fishing it.
By the way, Green mtn is still kickin out lots of fish.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I was there this weekend. No luck on the fly rod, but I did see someone catch a nice fat bow on spin gear. It was in full spawn colors, so I suppose they are starting to make their run up the river.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I stopped by the inlet today around 4:30 and fished for 30 minutes and had a few strikes on gold spinners. There were a couple of guys fly fishing prior to me that caught a few trout.

After the wind picked up, I decided to try the spillway. Nothing at the spillway. Another day of being skunked.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Chatfield inlet question: Can you access the inlet on the trail following the S. Platte on the west side of the river?

I was walking to the inlet along the river a few weeks ago and came across a painted sign stating something like: "Blue Heron habitat, Please keep out".

The sign looked old and overgrown, the trail was fairly worn down but I just couldn't talk myself into proceeding. Anyone know the actual rule on this?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts