Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any warmwater fishing? Are there no reports, because everyone is getting skunked?​

I haven't post any reports, because I haven't had time to fish.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone to N. Sterling or Jackson lately.

My plan for this weekend is to hit up the WESTERN SLOPE for CRAPPIE, CATFISH & hopefully large PERCH. I'll post a report if my plan goes through.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MY plan is thursday night. I read a report that Big Mac is doing good. I don't know where it is ot where they were fishing. If I don't get an answer I am going Thursday after noon and night to Adams.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good fishing at Big Mac. Went once and probably will go again if I have time this year.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i havent been up to the fairgrounds since friday because of the fair. but will be going at least one night this weekend

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the opportunity to fish Stocker Lake (Pond) in Wray (Eastern Colorado) over the weekend. Lots of Largemouth and Smallmouth among others some say there are Muskie in there as well.
Caught 2 LM 15" and 17". Nice fish. It's 160 miles from Denver though. But if you are in the area try it. No gas motors either. Also no entry fee into the park. I would go catch some chubs near there (near Laird) before you go, the Bass love em'. Just take a very small sized hook with a piece of worm on it.
Chubs are located east of Wray around 4 miles from the Wray sign and in a little creek on the right below a green house with a detached garage. You will find them under a bridge or on the other side of the highway. (Telling secrets now better stop)....Have fun.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about fishing! Here are some highlight pics from the past few weeks.

May the fish gods smile on you all!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Mattsabasser......

NICE!!

Especially the cat!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Was throwing senkos for bass and he hit a black 3" senko...no bait spray or anything. Halfway in I saw what it was and felt happy, dissapointed and scared all at the same time.

Lots of shade where I was and that steep ledge made getting this shot real tough.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Mattsabasser said:
Lots of shade where I was and that steep ledge made getting this shot real tough.
Yeah, you look like you're holdin in a stomach ache, but I figured it was the position you're in. Lemme guess, Pella?

I've got a buddy who went out to Pella and caught two real nice cats like yours on plastic worms on a weedless EWG hook during the last two or three weeks. His weren't as fat though, I gotta admit.

Once again, nice fish!!
1eyeReD

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe you would find more fishing reports in the "Fishing Reports" forum. Just a thought. BTW anyone who is doing alot of fishing probably isn't sitting in front of thier computers. Like us.........

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fishdawg said:
Maybe you would find more fishing reports in the "Fishing Reports" forum.  Just a thought.  BTW anyone who is doing alot of fishing probably isn't sitting in front of thier computers.   Like us.........
I think I know how to navigate my way through this site.

BTW- Thanks for the tip on the "Fishing Reports" forum. Hmmm.. Been a member for a month and no one has told me about the fishing reports on here.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i fish everymorning and if the wifes lets me most everynight . Im on here all the time checking up on stuff to see of im missing a good bite somewhere . I dont report that much do to the fact ive lost another digital camera i believe thats 3 for me now that have took a swim . And a report with out pictures just isnt as cool

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey guitars you need something like this

http://www.sealife-cameras.com/cameras/dc310.html

this is what i got totaly water proof to like 300 ft and shock proof rubber armor and it floats ive had mine for almost ayear and am quite impresed had it bouncing around a dive boat in the keys and the back of my truck on rough mountain trails and clipped to my pack around some high mountain lakes also just cliped to my float tube the simple version can be had for round 3 bils (you cant make all the settings without opening the housing) the full on unit comands around 4 bills and for a 3+mega pixel water proof foating shock proof camer its quite a deal

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
fishinguitars said:
i fish everymorning and if the wifes lets me most everynight . Im on here all the time checking up on stuff to see of im missing a good bite somewhere . I dont report that much do to the fact ive lost another digital camera i believe thats 3 for me now that have took a swim . And a report with out pictures just isnt as cool
I don't feel so bad after reading your post Guitar! You have lost 3? Damn that must hurt, I feel miserable enough losting just one!

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts