Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive fished it 2 times and have not got a bite. I just wanted to see if anyone else has fished it since it was refilled was wondering how big it was and where you cought it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I don't fish there but drive by once in awhile-most everybody seems to be down by the rip-rap along the dam shore fishing. I had heard that they put some better than average sized stockers in there when they had the grand re-opening back in Sept.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep thats where I fish and Ive seen 19 inchers come out of there, I just have never even had a bite.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
What techniques are you using?

Here are my basic setups for stocker trout (got to make sure the kids catch them). Probably the number 1 go to setup, 2 hooks first hook a small samon egg hook with 2 or 3 eggs on it, 2nd hook a treble hook with salmon peach powerbait on it.
If that isnt producing I try rainbow powerbait on a treble and a worm on a larger hook again 2 hooks 1 line.
Lastly when in doubt, jet puff mini-marshmellows on 1 hook with salmon eggs (mostly) or night crawler below it. Marshmellows by themselves work sometimes as well, so you can try adding a 2nd hook with only a marshmellow and if you get fish on that forget the worms and eggs.
I use 2 split shots, and keep the line tight with it resting on my finger. This allows me to feel the light bite and set the hook immediately as if you wait for the 2nd bite and miss they will have both your baits. You will also rarely hook fish deep this way.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Craig N said:
with only 2 split shots? What about a little teardrop weight?
Its mostly personal prefrence, if you can still feel the bite its good enough. You dont have to cast far for stockers especially since the rip rap is the only cover I seen them put in the lake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts