Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has. Because the pictures in the newspaper showed some larger than normal stockers in there(Catchable sized ones) and was wondering if anyone had hit it up.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Alot of people have been catching stockers 18-20 inches out of there... since I'm not a big fan of stocker trout I havent fished their yet but know 3 people that have. They kept all atleast 4 19 inchers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya me either....I wouldnt mind catching anything over 14 because the biggest fish ive ever cought was a 16 inch rainbow.

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey craig if you want i will take you carp fishing. they measure in pounds not inches ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They had an opening ceremony for the lake and put a bunch of large trout in there, for it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
afishman- thats really nice of you but when I went carp fishing I didnt like it as much as trout fishing. Thanks for the offer though.

ANd my dad said we will probably hit it up Sunday. Does anyone know what people are using? Fishing bottom, top? Powerbait, worms, spinners, etc....?????

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is everyone here sure that those trout are regular stockers and not brooder stockers? Sometimes lakes are stocked with old stockers that exceed age limits. They are between 17"-21" long, weighing 2 to 3 pounds. They have hooked jaws and usually drop milt all over the place. Now, sometimes they stock the lakes with female brooders which run from 20" to 27" and can weigh from 3 to 7 lbs. They just look like larger versions of regular stockers. So my question is, did these fish have hooked jaws?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya that would be nice to know. Are brooder stockers good to eat. Now, no stocker taste better than a regular native, but I still think they taste great.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You cant go wrong with powerbait and worms... I would bring salmon peach and rainbow powerbait for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I usually fish it bottom, keeping the line on my finger so I can feel the light bite.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya thats what we usually do too. What size fish do you typically catch? Where do you fish and are they brooders?

·
Registered
117 Posts
im gonna head to prospect this afternoon. probly try a little of everything, ill report my findings. are handcarried boats allowed there?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
scody357 said:
im gonna head to prospect this afternoon. probly try a little of everything, ill report my findings. are handcarried boats allowed there?
All watercraft use is by permit only for Prospect Lake:
WATERCRAFT DEFINITIONS & PERMIT REGULATIONS
Required by City Codes, Sections 4.1.101 & 4.3.109

4.1.101 Definitions
WATERCRAFT: Every type of vessel used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water. Watercraft may include hand-propelled boats, belly boats, motorized boats and wind vessels. (Ord. 4716; 1968 Code, Section 10-2; Ord. 88-65; Ord. 88-265; Ord. 01-42)

4.3.109 Watercraft Permits
The Manager shall regulate the use of watercraft upon any park, park property or park facility and require permits for appropriate types or classes of watercraft used upon any park, park property or park facility. It shall be unlawful to use any watercraft upon the waters in any park unless a permit has been issued in accord with this article and the Manager's rules and regulations. (1968 Code, Section 10-24.18; Ord. 80-47; Ord. 01-42)

FEES
Permits:
Identification Plate and User Fee:

Motorboat
$110.00

Sailboat
$40.00

Hand Propelled
$40.00

* Dealer (any vessel type inc. 3 permits)
$185.00
For more info check out this site:
http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=5884

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fatfish and Epic-Where do you guys typically fish?? And what size are the fish you guys usually catch and just about how many if you give me an Idea.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Rip Rap, by the handicap peir but I havent fished it since it was restocked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts