Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the fishing was so good yesturday I had to hit it one more time... Today was calm and warm no wind. I didnt fish the same area as I was the only one there I decided to fish the inlet (where most people fish) I caught 2 right away on powerbait (12 inchers) I decided I would try a curly tail grub in the current and see if I could catch any started with white, then black 1 hit and alot of follows but after 45 mins of that I tried a chartruse one and no hits or follows... about this time a GI shows up and of course fishes over where I am (I told you most people fish there) He was throwing a roster tail, he started with green one after 15 mins of no action he switched to a red one, with a red blade. He started nailing them he was there for about an hour and caught 6... I had a gold blade red roster tail, which of course I tried with no luck and no follows. I then switched to an orange and red panther martin and caught another... fished it for a while and nothing else hit. Switched back to powerbait and first cast I deep hook a 13 incher so I decide I might as well keep a limit. And the fish decided not to cooperate very good... caught a couple in a row that were under 10 inches so I released them since the majority I caught yesturday were 12 inches +. I then caught 2 more 12" +or - 2 inches slow retrieving the last of my yellow powerbait threw the current. I fished for what seemed like an hour or more with out another bite, of course I only needed 1 more fish to go home... I decided to go over the the spot I was at yesturday and toss out some salmon eggs... first cast a 8 incher... 2nd cast a 6 incher... then nothing for a while... so I went back to the inlet and casted it out and caught a 10-11 incher and decided that was good enough.

Here is the stringer I took home... Meat is hella white not a shred of evidence any of them were hold overs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice eatin size. Red rooster tail huh? Might have to add one to the arsenal. You know, by the time I add upp all the greenbacks I spend on fishing , the fish I eat end up costing me over $200 a pound. Good eating though.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
the fish I eat end up costing me over $200 a pound
Throw in gas prices and renting a Lear Jet to go round up some Baluga (sp?) Cavier might be cheaper!...but not as much fun...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts