Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd get a few critics on this one, took off work early yesterday to try some fish at Hugo ponds since we had a cold snap for a few days. 8" of ice and I had to move around to find the fish and none wanted the HD Trout Ice, I did spend time with it but did not tip the lure since I wanted to see it go to work for me. I think it intimidated the fish.....they did however go for a tipped and untipped deadsticked gold kasty, in a much smaller size than the HD Trout.........I think my quarry was too small for it. If I had gone to a southern pond in the place the bass may have been a better bet for it.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'd like to see how it does at Chatty for smallies and walleye... I suck at icing that lake though. The fish at Hugo are almost the same size as that lure, j/k.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ePiC said:
I'd like to see how it does at Chatty for smallies and walleye... I suck at icing that lake though. The fish at Hugo are almost the same size as that lure, j/k.
The best fish went 10" yesterday, but the guy I was fishing with wanted to fish the north pond, I wanted to try the southern pond with more bass in it.....oh and the ice was a surprising 8".

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
A 10" fish is big enough to take that lure. Im headed out sat to give the HDs a try, the ice ones will have to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I feel they may be a bit large for stocker size fish, we are using them for pike though and they seem to be just about right. Any feedback is useful, thanks for that !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts