Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we were leaving eleven mile today, I talked to a guy from the DOW. He said they netted a 37 inch brown today while working the spawn just below the dam at spinney. He said they have pictures. I'd sure love seeing them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nice! Also heard from the boat inspector at W. Fork a few weeks ago, that a 38 inch brown was netted and released in the kokes traps. Blowing smoke up the old bung hole.? Not sure.

·
P I K E
10,072 Posts
hobiecat said:
As we were leaving eleven mile today, I talked to a guy from the DOW. He said they netted a 37 inch brown today while working the spawn just below the dam at spinney. He said they have pictures. I'd sure love seeing them.
So where is your report and pics of monsters since I'll be there tomorrow? And what baits were you using, where were you fishing and did you leave me any to fillet??? ::) ;D

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swimbait said:
they set nets "just below" the dam? Above the off limits fence, or what? ???
The way he described it. It was just below the dam...above the off limits fence. He also mentioned that they'd been taking eggs from Antero, but getting twice as many eggs per fish from the mile.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Neal/CO said:
I can just imagine how big some of those old sows are in 11 Mile :eek:
X2 I would pay for the opporutnity to hit the DS after dark a couple nights this time of year. I guess if I snuck in I could make the dropping some cash come true.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The DOW in South Park are full of themselves. They tried to tell me this past spring that Antero was still 1-2 ft thick and it was completely iced off a day later when I stopped by there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts