·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Hmmm might pull the trigger
Thanks for sharing, kinda lol

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
wow thats crazy...map slot and gps...talked to the Lowrance rep about how they dont promote the mapping and gps portion of their ice machines...like real estate location location location is the most important aspect of a fish finder...the new units are real time and I have had zero issues with cold...my 5 inch lowrance chirp ice machine uses almost no power...battery lasts days...and I dont have to do math...welcome to the 21st century...Kenny my maps work with them...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
That's a steal. I have that unit -- bought it last year for the GPS and mapping. I had to buy the unit and the ice pack separately but it came with the Navionics chip and 75$ rebate so just around the same price (bought it from Hodge's as well).

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
two years ago I bought the ice pack ($99) a battery ($40) and an ice ducer ($65) for my HDS5. All this is included in this deal.

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
wow thats crazy...map slot and gps...talked to the Lowrance rep about how they dont promote the mapping and gps portion of their ice machines...like real estate location location location is the most important aspect of a fish finder...the new units are real time and I have had zero issues with cold...my 5 inch lowrance chirp ice machine uses almost no power...battery lasts days...and I dont have to do math...welcome to the 21st century...Kenny my maps work with them...
All fine and dandy till I come along with my Marcum and say: "Howwwwwwwdy!":biggrin1:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Scott sent me a solution for POS Marcum interference...I will be building one...you might think seriously about a titanium or cast iron transducer sheath...pic sent...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Somebody is losing toes or a transducer...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Scott sent me a solution for POS Marcum interference...I will be building one...you might think seriously about a titanium or cast iron transducer sheath...pic sent...
Keep me posted. If I fish away from the Marcums, I'm good! If we're fishing close to each other, tons of clutter but still manageable.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
one of those Aqua Drones would be great in this case to drop **** bombs on the perpetrator! :plane::plane::plane: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The GPS and mapping is the key feature. I'l be able to transfer all 345 of my weigh points form my HDS5, most of which i have pinned from my boat on open water to my new chirp4. Ive got locations where if your 10 feet off of the sweet spot you don't catch **** or way less. Why people spend $350 to $550 on a vex is something I don't understand. Hell, the flasher mode on the ice machines works just as well as a Vex. This forum has pounded on that subject and there is no real convincing argument for why a flasher with no GPS and mapping for more money is better. The conclusion i came up with is most ice fisherman are hearty and strong willed, therefore, set in their ways.

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
I just hang out with peeps who have GPS coords/ maps. And say Howwwdy!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
How bad is the interference from other finders?

In other words, if you are within 20 feet of a Marcum or other are you screwed?

I'm debating selling my unit and getting this one.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts