Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.......I found out about this website this week while fishing Sutherland Reservoir in Nebraska. I believe your name was Jeff, so Jeff thanks for the info, and the light. You are one funny man. Does any one here fish Nebraska or Kansas much?

And please help me out if I posted this in the wrong place. Take Care.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did well this time. The wind caused some trouble early on, but thats Nebraska for you. As you know I'm sure. We caught most off lures, a white Rooster tail worked well for me, and my buddy was using various lures and jigs. He caught most of his off a spinner, and jigs. We also had bait but that only produced every now and then. I lost a decent size catfish off nightcrawlers, believe it or not. I was thinking about going up this weekend but the weather looks to be bad at best. How do you do out there?

P.S. Most of the fish were white bass, only a few were wipers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kansas when I have Gas money

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you fish for? I caught a couple of nice size crappie last year around the Marina dock, and some wiper.

·
0 Posts
Trolling along the dam we caught Wiper every pass during the afternoon. We also found a spot where we tied up to in the trees and caught fish nonstop for almost 3 hrs. Using a slip bobber and worm we caught hand size Bluegill, Bass up to 4 lbs, Walleye, and an 8 lb Catfish!

I love it in Kansas!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I grew up fishing Cedar Bluff Res.  My father and brother fished there last weekend and caught some white bass off of the dam.  Apparently, the white bass fishing from the dam is phenominal right now with some wipers thrown in.  My favorite fishing is hunting down surfacing whites at Cedar using soft plastic jerk baits.  I remember one time where within a matter of four minutes three of us had over twenty whites on the floor of the boats.  The wiper fishing should be turning on very soon also.  If anyone is planning a roadrip soon, the next couple weeks should be solid.  Also, the crappie fishing has been really solid in the past, but I don't think it has been all that great this year.  Finally, I haven't even hit on the largemouth fishing, which might be the best of all species and probably tops in the region.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts