Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a proper rest from you knuckleheads, and my batteries are charged back up. So, give me what you've got, and it will just roll off me now.

Now, for some fishing stuff. I ruptured a disc in my lower back, and tore a cartridge in my knee. I'm too old to get them cut on, but fly fishing is out of the question. I bought a nice spin rod, and will be sticking to lakes from now on. The best part of that is I can take my dog Buddy with me.

That's it for now.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice to see you're back Pete. You're never too old to get cut on. My mom's had both knees replaced within the past five years, major back surgery two years ago and a total shoulder replacement last year.. Best things she's ever done for quality of life. She's 82 and as active as ever. I joke with her that when she's cremated we're going to need a big box to carry her ashes..kinda like an erector set.

But, it's good to know you can get out with your Buddy.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't do well when cut on if I go by my past record. I can get around ok, but wading in rivers is off my list now, and fly fishing the creeks takes too much stooping down.

I'm good with lake fishing. I do ok with Pistol Pete's.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
PETE!!! Glad to see you back and glad you are OK. Also welcome to the dark side, hope your fly fishing D.T.'s don't get to bad!!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Run off is making it easier. It will be harder when the Ark is back to normal. It's pretty ugly right now.

I can always throw some streamers from the bank of the Ark with my spin rod. As long as the fly fisherman don't hang me from the closest tree. :smile:

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Good to see your still kicking.
Not sure suffering with the pain vs surg is a good idea but do what you can do and tolerate.
Pics of any recent fishing?

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Welcome back Pete!

Hope the pain is manageable and u can power thru it!!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Note to self............Never go to Cottonwood Lake on the weekend!!

With no exaggeration every spot was taken. I'll admit I got a late start today, but i've never seen it that crowded. It was comical, and reminded me of this old picture.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headed to Taylor Reservoir now. Another late start. :confused:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Welcome back Pete!

Good to hear you are OK.

Think about getting the knee done and see if they can do some injections on your back to relieve the pain and discomfort. Might get you by and keep you outta of the Dark Side! :eek:

If nothing else it sounds like you are happy and relaxed.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Casting is no problem. It's the wading that gets me. I'm unstable from the knee, and just being old as dirt. Plus, a fall would not be good on my back.

I still have my fly fishing gear, and i'm sure i'll still use it from the bank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts