Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take my family camping this week at a place I can sneak in some fishing, trout or pike. I have a pop-up camper, no boat :mad: Any suggestions not too far from Colorado Springs that is somewhat remote but not too rough a road to get my pop-up there. Your help is appreciated, I have recenly moved back to the springs, I've been bass fishing in AZ for the last 10 years so I'm a bit our of touch with the scene here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you want to take a drive from the spring take a look at the two ponds/lakes north of Carter Lake. I can't think of the name but they are great early season caming spot before the mountains camping opens up.

You can fish and the kids can run around in the grass and the wife can drive down to the loveland outlets.

JT

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Skaguay sounds like exactly what you're looking for. About 1 1/4 hrs from CS, real nice scenery, decent road back to the lake. Nice spot.

·
Registered
699 Posts
hey darrel i think that me and you may have fished together in az lol

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
deweese might fit the bill and its still nice and quite. up here

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I am pretty sure Rampart Res, is open to camping already. You can camp there and the Lake trout fishing will be good from shore. (should be) There is always rainbows in there as well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Tarryall might be another idea, has both trout and pike depending on how far you are willing to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts