Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

help ice conditions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Troutbum1 
#1 ·
help with ice reports. my dad and i are heading up to fish granby, williams fork and willow creek over presidents day weekend. would really appreciate any info on ice thickness. accuweather shows theres been a few warmer days up there and was wondering if its affected getting out with sleds. i have 2 snowmobiles, 1' trail tracks on both, towing an otter. last year got stuck a few times cause snow was around 10" and slush underneith. just trying to find out if theres slush, and if granby is good to get around with my setup? i know no sleds or wheelers on the fork. also is there a pressure ridge on granby or sketchy spots to avoid? any info would help. thank you in advance.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the fish reports. Definitely going to willow and granby. Is the snow/slush deep on willow and granby? And that pressure ridge, does it go through the middle of the lake or just between the shore and the island? Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.