Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like my 17' canoe. You do have to load and unload it but still portable. Watch you weight and no problem with the big lakes. Fun on smaller ones.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Damn, you weren't joking when you said you had a boat problem.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:
Save
Right??

Full list includes, the two above plus a 21 foot Sea Pro and a 18.5 Fishhawk in Colorado, and in Michigan a kayak, canoe, 14' v-hull, 20' pontoon, and the 27' Whaler

Not all are getting used, my other hobbies interfere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally prefer kayaks. I bought a smaller inflatable dinghy and it was so light it got blown all over the lake. Took it back the next day and got an ascend fs12t kayak the next day and I've never looked back. Plenty of storage, stable enough to stand on in calm conditions, and quiet so you don't spook the fish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys,

I want a new fishing craft for the summer and I'm hoping to get opinions from people with experience. I'm looking at something tandem for my fiancée and I. What do you guys think... is a kayak better or is a dinghy/raft better? I want to use a trolling motor and have enough room for some gear. I also want to be able to take it on larger lakes, as well as smaller ones. I'm hoping that someone here has a kayak they take on larger lakes because I'm concerned with choppy waters and stability. Obviously a dinghy will keep you dryer and have more room, but maybe a nice wide/sturdy kayak is better on large lakes than I'm expecting.

Just fyi....If I go with a kayak I'm considering the 10' 2person lifetime fishing kayak which is not inflatable but seems stable and let's you stand up on it. Another option I've considered is an inflatable fishing kayak, probably the sevylor Coleman Colorado.

If I get a dinghy or raft I'm looking at probably getting a sea eagle or Saturn. These are all inflatables obviously, so what do you guys recommend? Are there any other brands that are durable and don't cost an arm and a leg? I'd love to hear from somone who has used an inflatable for years and see how well they've held up.
I say KAYAK
I can build you one if need be

21 - 24 of 24 Posts