Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fished the platte from skraggy view to deckers alot. Only catches on siver and blue cast masters. Any help on fly pattern and pressentation would be apppriciated. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
That stretch of the platte is fished so much that sometimes the fish just dont hit anything. I think sometimes you are better off fishing flies that the fish havent seen a million of. Instead of fishing an RS2 like everyone else try some scuds, pheasant tails,hares ears, something the fish havent seen in a while. My all time favorite fly for this stretch is a black beauty, you can catch fish all year there on this fly.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the orange egg patterns with the gray rs2 fly as dropper. Also red midges off the egg is working too most of the years.

chooch

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The above advice is very good. You can also use an orange scud in place of an egg pattern. I use a three fly rig there alot. I will always use and atractor paattern first such as an egg, scud or a red brassie. The second fly will be something like a merical nymph or rs2 with the tails and tuff cut off. Third will be something like a blck beauty or wd40. BH breadcrust can be killer there also. Everything I know in a nutshell.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I give it another shot this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts