Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many from the Western Slope are aware of the positive impact Rifle Gap has on the economy of Rifle and the surrounding area. Apparently those representing the CWP fail to recognize nor take into consideration such impact(s) when making critical decisions. In addition, to many sportsmen fail to make there voices heard. Well, here is an opportunity to be heard. Failure to speak up results in unrealistic decisions such as the decisions that are plaguing Rifle Gap and other Western Colorado fisheries. It may not do any good at this point but if you don't speak up even now you have no right to complain.

Below is a petition that I started, the more signatures we get the better. I am in the process of gathering information from a few close friends within the CPW and the Federal Fish and Wildlife offices. I will take this petition and the information I gather to every news outlet I possibly can in hopes to gain some traction with state and federal fish and game dept/agencies. Its time that we start to push back and stop being the ones that get pushed around.

https://www.change.org/p/colorado-parks-and-wildlife-take-back-our-warm-water-fisheries-in-western-colorado?recruiter=428407374&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
"This petition isn't available. Either the URL is incorrect, it violated our Community Guidelines, or the starter removed it."

Ill sign it once the link works.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The link in the other thread works.

Signed.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree.

Joey maybe you can specify what bag limits we all want such as the standard 1 over 15".
Yeah I agree, it was late when I was doing this. I already have plans on adding some additional information on what the over all goal of this petition is this evening. I also will have pictures of the gill-netting going on up there to add.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I support the intent, but I think that the petition lacks a clear message of exactly what you want changed.
I was going to give the same feedback. The only clear message I noticed was that it was stated Colorado anglers should be involved in giving feedback and to help in the decision making.

I'll gladly sign the petition after you resubmit it. Please let us know when you've edited it.

Thanks and thanks for your work on this. You never know if you can make a difference unless you try!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts