Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Get a boat! I fish it from shore, but I know people with boats do a lot better than I do...more access to the bigger fish and a greater variety of them from a boat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a boat. And I'm willing to give a free trip to someone who is willing to kinda help me with teqniques and baits. I don't want a prized honey hole or a free guide service. I am willing to pay for everything. Even lunch. I take my family and enjoy the water, the weather(most of the time), and spending time together. But, it would be great to catch a few fish with my 7 yr old. I believe in conservation of these resources and teaching the next generation how to respect them as well..... Ahh I'm ranting. But yeah, free trip on my boat for a few pointers on the water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not picky. Everything from cats, eyes, wiper, bass anything. I hear the eyes are biting but my technique must need a lot of work because I have no luck.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Maui, I don't fish or know PLO but my advice would be if affordable hire a local guide which will cut the learning curve by a bunch. Also you can join a club like the Colorado Walleye Assoc. that promote and educate walleye fishing. Other than those 2 suggestions just keep beating the waters and keep looking for a buddy that knows the waters!
http://cowalleye.com/Home/AboutUs.aspx

Good luck and tight lines!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good meeting up with you at FC today. CO is a lot different than Alaska but its good once you figure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Kirbydog, it was nice meeting you as well. Small world. I appreciate the bass info and can't wait to try my luck. I went to N-1 at Pueblo with a buddy last night. I, got skunked but my buddy hooked up on a few walleye, all about 16-17, and hooked a 18" trout on a jerk bait. We had fun and could hear them splashing around. I waded out a bit and Reyes to get to the commotion, but they new that they were safe in the snags and submersed trees. It seems that they released some water, but don't quote me. It seemed to me that the ground was moist up to certain point and I could see a recent waterline. Hope to get out there again and try from the boat. Maybe I'll able to get to the eyes that we heard making all the commotion. We stayed till 1am then called it a night and headed back to the springs. I didn't snap a pic of that trout but if I get anything else, I'll be sure to. Hope to see you on the water, and good luck out there.
-Maui-Mahi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts