Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last spring I caught the fish of a lifetime. A fish I had been chasing for 15 years!!!!! I knew it was special and I released it immediately anyway, because that was the right thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After measuring three times and viewing the photos I knew she was close to a state record. So I took consolation that at least I could apply for the catch and release record with the CPW:) She beat the old record by a half inch 34" to 33 1/2". So the new CPW Master Angler Awards came out this week. To my complete shock they have a 35 1/2" fish from Lake Loveland listed:eek: I think oh my god that has to be a world record or real close??? Then I think wow that sucks for me!!!

Just found a picture of it. I am in no way saying anything bad about this kid!!!!! God for him! Nice fish!!! But give me a break::) I have caught a dozen over 30" and this one isn't close to 32" much less 35 1/2":mad:

Which one is bigger? I have no idea whether he applied for the record or not? But if he did and the CPW accepts it someone is really bad at their job!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Fly rod adds 6"
Duh
Much harder the catch them on the fly

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That sucks Neal.... Not sure if they still post pictures of fish submitted like they used to but that's what lost my interest in the whole program. A whole gallery of guys claiming fish to be sizes they weren't. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of legit fish too, but seeing so many bull **** claims ruined it for me.

Hopefully they realize what a state record means and do some actual research on this one. The kid caught a great fish but 35.5.....Not even close. Which makes me thankful there wasn't digital cameras or the internet around when I was a kid. No one can prove my fish stories are bull **** I left no proof otherwise.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Looks like a stretch, but who knows if the kid is tall mofo. Either way, who cares, it's just a silly record, surely a grown man doesn't concern his life with such silly things . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
He might have a 30, but I don't think so. Nice fish don't get me wrong.

Looks at Neal's, it extends beyond his shoulders on both sides, the other one only extends on one side and I'm not sure if by as much as Neal's, without looking again now after I type this.

Also the girth on the fish are dramatically different. Neal's is much deeper.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Neal, your fish is bigger...I figure it's always best to just post a pic without weight and measurements..That way other people can add a few pounds to the fish for ya.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neal, your fish is bigger...I figure it's always best to just post a pic without weight and measurements..That way other people can add a few pounds to the fish for ya.
I wouldn't be upset if they were even close??? I have two 12 lbers and a 14 that are a lot bigger than that one! I still would of let her go!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Looks at Neal's, it extends beyond his shoulders on both sides, the other one only extends on one side and I'm not sure if by as much as Neal's, without looking again now after I type this.
Tough to use pics of different individuals holding fish to judge..Boon catches some really nice fish...but me holding the same fish as Boon..it will definitely look smaller.

I need to catch bigger fish...or get a designated holder..

But, it's easy to see that Neal's is larger..but, as mention...who cares? You caught a great fish...You know it.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I would care.... I also think the guys running the C & R records should care.
Why? And weren't catch and release records initiated in order to promote catch and release? Couldn't calling out people on measurements have the opposite effect?

It's just a fish...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
You had a scale that night you should of weighed it...taken half as many pics and weighed it...plus if they are going to do catch release length records they should make the picture be on top of a tape measure mandatory...so people cant inadvertantly add an inch or two...honor system my ass...

1 - 20 of 143 Posts