Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I was hoping you guys can give me some tips on catching some trout, I was planning on going up to Evergreen after the holidays, I haven't been Ice fishing since I moved here from MN, that was about 8 yrs ago. I only have a hand auger and a couple poles so far but I am hoping I can still catch some fish with what I got. Any advice will help. Thanks

·
Registered
838 Posts
No brainer.I've never fished evergreen -- but trout are trout...
Find 20 fow or less. Some structure doesn't hurt.
Spend $5 bucks and get some 2" tubes (i like pink), and a couple of rat finkies, a tub of red meal worms or waxies.
Dead stick the tube or jig -- parallel to the bottom, tipped with the bait --  down 3 feet from the hole  to 1 foot off the bottom.
wait........set the hook....repeat.

There is a lot more detailed info if you do a search.

FH

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Fowl_Hooked said:
No brainer.
Never fished evergreen -- but trout are trout...
find 20 fow or less. some structure doesn't hurt.
spend $5 bucks and get some 2" tubes (i like pink), and a couple rat finkies, a tube of red meal worms or waxies.
dead stick the tube or jig -- parallel to the bottom, tipped with the bait --  down 3 feet from the hole  to 1 foot off the bottom.
wait........set the hook....repeat.

There is a lot more detailed info if you do a search.

FH
FH:

You may have set the record on here for most valuable and concise post ever...Ex you'll cath fish with this advice!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess that does help,thanks man. By the way how bad does it suck
to use a hand auger.

·
Registered
838 Posts
exminnesotan said:
Well I guess that does help,thanks man. By the way how bad does it suck
to use a hand auger.
It doesn't. I used one for two years. I cut a lot of holes in 20+ inches of ice at 11 mile. Doesn't take long at all and it keeps you warm....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts