Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back Denver Post outdoor writer Charlie Meyers wrote a column on wishing he would of kept a diary of his fishing exploits. To help him with looking back on what was biting at a certain lake at a certain time. We need your help to make ColoradoFisherman.com become the best Colorado fishing reference it can be. We would like to ask you when posting a new fishing report to add the location and date to the subject line. That way a year from now you can look back (use search) and see when those fish were biting at a particular location. It would also help if in the body of your report you reported weather conditions, fishing technique, boat or shore fishing, water temp/level/clarity, boat ramp condition, lure/bait used or any other observations that you feel are important (NOTE: THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS/OPTIONS AND ARE NOT REQUIRED). From the staff of ColoradoFisherman.com thank you for helping to make this site the great resource that it is. We couldn't do it without your posts and cooperation.

Note: New topics asking if anyone has fished a certain body of water should be made in the Colorado Fishing folder.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Excellent suggestions and they would make for a very helpful and useful fishing report. Now if I could just remember all that stuff to put in...

How about creating some kind of template that we could copy and paste into the message, and pinning it to the top of the message list?

W. E.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great idea.

A lot of sites that have product reviews or condition reports use a simple HTML form backed by Servlets, PHP or CGI. By using a simple html form, you could persist and archive all sorts of valuable bits of information about fishing spots. This would make searching, sorting and reporting very productive. You could also require users to enter stuff like date and number of fish caught which should always be entered anyway.

I suspect just asking users to follow a particular format will not last over the long run.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
i feel that if you had a form to start with that has
1 loaction
2 date
3 species
4 message text

i think everyone would follow it and it would make research a lot simpler.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
I think they should put date and location in the subject line and then get down and dirty with the details, some people tell stories with their posts, I know what I look for is the date and location in the subject line, other wise I just mozey along whenever I get to the other bodies of water I don't fish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
zman said:
  We need your help to make ColoradoFisherman.com become the best Colorado fishing reference it can be.  We would like to ask you when posting a new fishing report to add the location and date to the subject line. 
It might be helpful to all if we also put in the type of fishing we were using.  As an example (probably a bad one) something like:  Stagecoach Reservoir Tailwater, 10/16/06,  fly fishing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fishing Report Template

Subject: Body of Water, DD-Mon-YR

Method:
Boat, Shore, Ice:
Water temp/level/clarity:
Boat ramp condition:
Lure/bait:
Caught:
Remarks:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can anyone guide us on how to upload a picture into this website. I have tried a couple times and the picture does not show. Would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Big Ern

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
You want a hint on Colorado fishing reports?

I got my last issue of Walleye insider magazine, and if any of you take that or In-fisherman, you know they feature 6-8 bodies of water throughout the U.S. for whatever kind of fishing.

The last Waleye insider featured John Martin as a top Walleye fishing spot in Colorado.

Do i need to say anything else, John Martin, when full is indeed the second largest body of water in Colorado. However, as of December, it was down to around 900 surface acres, and I dont know about December, but last october, the deepest surface pool was measured at about a foot!

You think these guys could at least call the DOW or something before just publishing something from an atlas.

And you know what it was like last year! Definitely not a Walleye "hot spot".

LOL, makes me reconsider alot of their "tips" and suggestions.

Kurtis

·
Registered
19 Posts
zman-keep it up. guys like me are learning by leaps and bounds. practice catch & release when you can, a few keepers can't be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a few keepers can't be that big of a deal.
It depends...everybody taking a few keepers out of a 50 acre in town Saugeye pond/lake can have dire consequences...if it is Pueblo Res...probably not...

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you should post some info about harvesting.
What is there to post about harvesting?...whack them over the head and fillet...especially the big lakers and smallmouths...that will get a couple of friend's goats...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts