Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone else out there that fishes this lake on here? We are headed there in 2 weeks and am looking for any pointers/tips anyone might have on catching the big ones up there. The locals up there are pretty tight on giving out info to out of staters seems like. Thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

WOW no one has heard of this place before!! Here are some catches there last year.

To the 11 Mile fisherman and Spinney folks, you guys are missing out on some of the best fishing in the western US... Here are results of a contest last year that ran from Memorial day weekend to the 4th of July. Seen any this size at Spinney or 11 Mile lately???

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have fished the henry's fork of the snake quite a bit. About the only fishing I've ever done up that way. The trout were pretty much retarded, just like here. I drifted bait or tossed curly tail grubs. Easy.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never fished the river, just the lake. These fish are mainly taken on flies and there are the biggest damselflies I have ever seen here. Last year in June alone over 30 fish were caught over 10 pounds here...

D

·
0 Posts
I think that's the same lake that my buddy lived on for a couple of years.he use to talk about some crazy hybrid of some sort.I don't know for sure what it was.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea the hybrid/Cuttbows are sterilized at the hatchery there when they are fry so they do not go through the spawn cycle which results in them maintaining a tremendous growth rate. Brook trout also range 3-5 lbs in this lake and the state record came from here. This will be our 3rd trip there, last year my 1st fish went 6 lbs and was a hybrid. My wife had a fish break 10lb test in the middle of the leader and not on the knot which was unbelievable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts