Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I'm all for fixing the issue, but what the heck?

Are they buying the infamous government $600.00 toilet seats ?

How did they get into this mess?

I see that CPW appears eager to stick it to residents. They are whining about license fee's for in-state elk hunters, but no mention that I can find on raising license fee's for out of state hunters, which are the deal of the century by the way.

I see proposals for an ANS sticker to fund the inspections which I'm all for if they use common sense and don't try to fund simultaneous inspection points, IE: every ramp (limit access!).

Be prepared for your licenses to go up 50%, but they better account to us, the license fee paying public on where this money is going to. Smells of mis-management to me IMHO.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Having actually seen a very small piece of the CPW budget for the Education Council, you cannot wade through the accounting to actually understand how much money comes in and where it goes. The Joint Budget Committee has no idea either. It is pretty much a shell game.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sounds good to me also.
What hasn't gone up?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wouldn't mind paying more, as a guy that lived in CA until he was 22 then spent 6 years in KS before coming here if feel like the license is very affordable. That said the only places my license has ever been checked are st. Vrain and Golden Gate Canyon State Parks, there are some places close to home that really need some supervision. I'd love to see the extra revenue head that way

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I'm all for fixing the issue, but what the heck?

Are they buying the infamous government $600.00 toilet seats ?

How did they get into this mess?

I see that CPW appears eager to stick it to residents. They are whining about license fee's for in-state elk hunters, but no mention that I can find on raising license fee's for out of state hunters, which are the deal of the century by the way.

I see proposals for an ANS sticker to fund the inspections which I'm all for if they use common sense and don't try to fund simultaneous inspection points, IE: every ramp (limit access!).

Be prepared for your licenses to go up 50%, but they better account to us, the license fee paying public on where this money is going to. Smells of mis-management to me IMHO.
When the original fee structure came about, there were no ANS inspections. I know the program is not optimized, but even if it was, you would have to figure some cost for it.

Wyoming non-resident elk is $577.
Arizona is $595
Utah is $458
Montana is $846

Colorado is $641 bull or $481 for a cow.

I am not opposed to an increase in fees. I am opposed to a limit on access.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Colorado fishing license is still one of the cheapest and best deals. The out of state costs, year round and daily, could definitely go up.

I just bought my year for 50 something...half what my wyo license cost. I would have happily paid a c note.

But the cost to the public isn't the problem the problem is the lack of accounting for the division and parks. Nobody holds these to any sort of scaled accountability. The fees produce a pot of money to be used...not the other way around but they have turned it around.

How about a Roundtable....ROFLMAO!!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Colorado fishing license is still one of the cheapest and best deals. The out of state costs, year round and daily, could definitely go up.

I just bought my year for 50 something...half what my wyo license cost. I would have happily paid a c note.

But the cost to the public isn't the problem the problem is the lack of accounting for the division and parks. Nobody holds these to any sort of scaled accountability. The fees produce a pot of money to be used...not the other way around but they have turned it around.

How about a Roundtable....ROFLMAO!!!
not such a good deal if you are a non resident, if you are going to charge that much for an out of state elk tag you better be able to provide a great hunting experience for the out of state hunter.. speaking from former experience i gotta say that the Wyoming fish and game department pretty much whips Colorado's ass. that state is really managed well for quality hunting and fishing locations in my opinion.. i have always had great hunts there in the past. lots of private land tho that isn't real hard to get permission to hunt on, not all this crappy "trust" land crap that seems to be popping up all over Colorado that kinda blocks some really good forest access locations. i think Colorado's non-resident pricing is going to put themselves right out of the nonresident hunting game.. pretty typical tho, "money coming in is down? we'll just raise the prices and try to attract more hunters?" how does that work? lol.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes hunting prices are very high and do not afford the quality of our northern brothers for the same dollar imho. Colorado loves their elk herds $$$. I got the kids lined out but I am passing again due to the expense.

Wyoming also requires a full year of residence before you get qualified as in-state. That sucks but on Dec 30th I will be in-state here.

Hunter participation in general is hurting and the prices are keeping good people out and letting others in and then the "I paid this much I am damn well taking what is due to me" mentality kicks in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well it is what is when the libs are in charge of the purse.
If a Governor that new how to lead and wasn't puss wimp things would be different.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
One thing I noticed-their proposal to have a registration fee to fund ANS inspections would apply to motorized and non-motorized watercraft. Seems like they want to do away with the exception for hand propelled watercraft.

Curious what is included in their definition of non-motorized craft.

·
Registered
485 Posts
One thing I noticed-their proposal to have a registration fee to fund ANS inspections would apply to motorized and non-motorized watercraft. Seems like they want to do away with the exception for hand propelled watercraft.

Curious what is included in their definition of non-motorized craft.
I am curious as well. I don't have a boat but I do have my 9' pontoon and a couple of float tubes. Are they going to be subject to this new proposal?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts