Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, a little touchy subject i reckon but what the hell why not. FAVORITE LURES. Not asking for specifics, not asking to post multiple pics of multiple angles of your open tackle box, just the lure type(blade, crankbait, spinner) and whatever else you feel like. let me start things off, last year i used mainly storm and rapala(same thing). For some reason i really like the soft swim baits storm makes and well ive never met one person who didnt have at least 1 rapala in their tackle arsenal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my problem. I want a new xrap or shad rap or whatever but i end up looking for something else because of the price. There are days when i will walk in there with a grip of money and buy handfuls of new rapalas, but that doesnt happen often.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My II Cents

No Pics. Box is in the mountains. But here is what I remember.

In my box:
Rapala
Reef Runner
Berkley
Spro
Storm
River2sea
Cabelas
BPS
Sebile
Luhr-Jensen
Ugly Duckling
Kast Master
Crocodiles
Tubes
Panther Martin
Dardleve
Tasmanian Devil
Thomas
Dick Nights
Needle Fish
Ughhh :confused2:

Still thinking.....
More chit than necessary :eek:
Years of accumulation.

Rapala are used the most but I have caught fish on them all. I only buy lures on sale or out of bargain bins.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hey man, I am not sure what info you are fishing for or why (I mean I get that you wanna hear bout people's favorites, but there has to be a motivation, right?)... With that, I will add this.

the actual lure doesn't mean that much... plenty of good jerks, but you HAVE to know depth and action. I can name 5-6 jerks that I have heard different people all swear are better than the next... they are all the suspending jerkbaits that run 5'-8'.

Same thing with cranks, tubes, slashbaits, spinnerbaits etc. My point is, get confidence in the baits you have or like... learn how to control depth and presentation, and the bait will not matter nearly as much. 90% is understanding... the lure itself might gain you 10% in most cases.

I hear folks say "this one runs truer" or "this one suspends better"... I say, learn to tune your lures and neither of those things are issues.

In the case of swimbaits, I believe there is a far greater difference in baits...

I will add this little gem. Check out Academy Sports website... check out the H2O express line of lures.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
get confidence in the baits you have or like... learn how to control depth and presentation, and the bait will not matter nearly as much. 90% is understanding... the lure itself might gain you 10% in most cases.
Oyey- couldn't have said it better. As a strictly lure guy presentation and confidence makes all the difference in the world. Lots of lures to choose from that work if you know how to use them and believe in what you're doing.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If I could only fish with one lure year round it would be a tube.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts