Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gamakatsu offset shank worm size #2 with a articulated tail stinger hook.
the body and eyes are way below the eye so it should ride hook up. Two layers of .20 lead, 1/4 inch dumbell eyes. SHould get as close to the bottom as my sink tip will let it. Some glow in the dark flashabou, UV krystal flash. marabou, icedub, crosscut rabbit.

Stabbed myself about 7 times making it and it took forever. I will most likely lose it on my second cast.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw an article in some fly mag showing streamers on this hook and it got me thinking about trying to land a laker on a fly at N catamount res on pikes peak. I went there last year and after getting bored with the stockers i tied on a big heavey white bunny with red dumbell eyes threw out the line and just started paddling around the res in my ducky. I got bitten off twice and I did not have anyting heavier than 4x tippet. The problem with hitting lakers on a fly at N Cat is the F-ing hours. It is currently open from 9-3, and while i live in C springs it isn't worth blowing up a boat just so I can leave as fishing starts to pick up. Later in the summer it opens at 7 and closes around 6-7. So it is hard to get there when they might be in shallow. I want it heavey so it stays relatively deep as i fin around giggling my rod and I want it hook up since i will be searching across points and drop offs. I plane on using a short heavey leader since I hear lakers got some teeth. I got some wire tippet for the Pike and I have a couple of boxes of big nastys in various weights for mister Pike. But I may switch to heavey fluro or mono. Any Pike tips or if anyone wants to go with me piking in south park let me know, I am a newb with pike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts