Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I don't post it, some dumbexploiter member will.

Granby lidded up completely last night. Looked really unsafe. This weekend will be good to go as yelawolf would say...

Wolford has a very safe lid. 6-8 inches.

Williams fork has some of the most beautifully clear ice I've ever seen. 4 inches off the boat ramp, 6 inches by the east shitter. Caught 2 in 50 feet of water. Staying in kremmling tonight.

If you want pics, I'll send em to Dallas and he can post them cuz he's an eager ****.

Grand county ice season is on!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you got a pickup you can. It's not too bad yet.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem... still up in kremmling. Gonna eat some breakfast at the moose cafe with the fishin' buddy and then I'm gonna get on it again. Think the lakers are still really shallow cuz the ones i saw were suspended on the drop offs. Gonna fish by pike flats today. Will also fish wolford too.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
No problem... still up in kremmling. Gonna eat some breakfast at the moose cafe with the fishin' buddy and then I'm gonna get on it again. Think the lakers are still really shallow cuz the ones i saw were suspended on the drop offs. Gonna fish by pike flats today. Will also fish wolford too.
Pics!!

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
^^^THX for that report Bernie! Hope all is well!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It was snowy af so I didn't notice right away. Either way with it being almost 0 when I left tonight, that ish will not last long.

I will say even though that also will be a moot point with the bitter cold forecasted all next week... the snowdrifts on willys in places (east end especially) is hiding some pressure ridges and really shitty ice. Stumbled upon a big patch of ice that was less than 3 inches of cloudy crap. I realized it when i found slushy areas. Be careful.

Also a lot of people must read this forum, lol. Counted over 20 huts/people/groups out there today. Pistoldog, I plowed down the east shitter road with ease in my tiny ass Corolla. Yesterday there was only 4. Will post pics of the carnage and stuff when infix my photobucket.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Be very careful on Granby, there is still open water off of Stillwater boat ramp as of 1000 this morning.
Still open today. Also open water steaming today all around Deer island to Rocky point, Colombine,Green ridge, etc. typical last to freeze areas.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Dave, was that you that parked at the end of the road, by the shore? got there about 11? I was there, blue 4 runner. Caught lots, but could not find anything of size at all. Left about 1:00 and finished the day at Willow Creek.

I fished right out in front of the east side, 74 ft of water, all were cruising @ 40-50 ft.

Another perfect bluebird Colorado day, with no wind!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup that was my Corolla by the truck. Lol. Next time HMU on pm's. We found the spot and slammed them quickly. Got several in 18-20 inches.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
He likes deep fried laker veal...

·
Registered
2 Posts
smitty sled for high up.

Just made this left over shop goodies except wheels.
Holds an old minute man and a z51. 10 inch
Let you know if it works. RG

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yup that was my Corolla by the truck. Lol. Next time HMU on pm's. We found the spot and slammed them quickly. Got several in 18-20 inches.
Damn, I knew I should of gone further out with the rest of the crowd. Will give ya a holler next time

1 - 20 of 37 Posts