Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts

Be very careful on Granby still some open water and most of the lake is unsafe. Found some good ice in the bays but Less than an 1" on the new layer here

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Elsewhere has 8" and enough snow on the ice to ride a snowmobile if you know the right spot to access.

Biggest one of the day was 27" with the goal being numbers, not size.

·
Registered
16,829 Posts
Those things are like freekin sardines! I'd rather catch 8" perch than 15" macs-

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
no. i dont. remind me again how many snowmobiles and atvs you are storing in the lake?
I pulled those sunk Snowmobiles out, that was open water summer fun, just one ATV down there from my younger days, no more sketchy or late ice for me anymore.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I pulled those sunk Snowmobiles out, that was open water summer fun, just one ATV down there from my younger days, no more sketchy or late ice for me anymore.

cool now all you gotta do is ease up on crashing your snowmobiles up in the backcountry.

·
Registered
16,829 Posts
No jealousy whatsoever. Baby macs do not intrigue me. I'd rather get exercise chasing edible specimens.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I've got friends that drive to Pelican in Utah to catch Bluegills. I did it once, they were full of worms, bugs were insane and a warning at the boat ramp warning not to contact the water due to some kind of possible skin disease and they were crazy for them.
I never got that turned on over small panfish. Now if I did I'd be tempted to use a Sabiki rig like we catch Saltwater bait on and catch 5 or 6 at a time.:cool:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts