1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least, that's what they're saying... :rolleyes:

https://www.research.net/s/5yearfishing

5-YEAR REVIEW OF FISHING REGULATIONS UNDERWAY, CPW SEEKS COMMENT

Colorado Parks and Wildlife seeks public comment on fishing regulations that are now under review for 2016 - 2020 seasons.

CPW's fishing regulations, or Chapter W-01 are reviewed as a whole on a five-year cycle. CPW is interested in public comments, thoughts and ideas on current fishing regulations to help guide that review.

CPW is seeking a first round of public comments on fishing regulations for 2016 - 2020 from now until April 13, 2015. Based on public input and internal CPW review a draft of proposed changes will be posted at cpw.state.co.us in early May, when a second round of public comment will be sought.

CPW's aim is to provide optimal outdoor recreation opportunities while balancing the wildlife resources of the state. Outdoors enthusiasts who enjoy fishing can help determine if current or new regulations regarding manner of take, (flies, lures, bait, hooks, etc), fish species (trout, bass, walleye, etc), daily bag and possession limits (# of fish/day) or size restrictions (minimum or maximum size limits, slot limits) are advised.

The Parks & Wildlife Commission, who sets CPW regulations, considers public comment and recommendations from CPW aquatic biologists, managers and staff prior to implementing any changes to the current chapter. The current regulations are available http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesRegs/Regulations/Ch01.pdf.

The PWC is scheduled to hear proposed five-year revisions at the September 2015 meeting in Craig, Colo. Final changes in CPW's fishing regulations are slated to be finalized at the November 2015 meeting in Wray, Colo. For a more information about PWC go to http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/pages/commission.aspx. Any changes in regulation will be effective April 1, 2016.

Click here to provide comment now.

CPW is an enterprise agency, relying primarily on license sales, state parks fees and registration fees to support our operations including 43 state parks covering more than 220,000 acres, big-game management, hunting, fishing, wildlife watching, camping, motorized and non-motorized trails, boating and outdoor education. CPW's work contributes approximately six billion dollars in total economic effect annually throughout Colorado.

For more information about Colorado Parks and Wildlife go to: http://cpw.state.co.us.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thanks for the link. I added my two cents.....Let's see if they actually take any suggestions into consideration.....I doubt it; but I doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not intended as a bash thread. Fact is, they wouldn't likely get bashed when things like this come up IF they actually listened and followed through with what the anglers here actually want.

But here's to eternal hope, right?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My II Cents

I have to agree with the posts that question if they listen at all.

My experience in dealing with the county leaves a lot to be desired.

IMO they are pacifying the public, like corn for the suckers.

That said it's all there is.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
By this time the decisions are pretty much made and will be rubber stamped by the Commission, we can give our comments and input and I highly encourage it. One of the irony's of the 5 year review is when we want and try to get a reg change we always get the excuse that regs can only be changed on a 5 year review year but when they want to change a reg they can go around that and do it when they want to e.g Williams Fork and Green Mtn. Lake Trout regs.
I know how tough a road it is trying to get a reg. changed unless you are a huge organization like TU. but it is always worth trying. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a slot on Pike at WF anymore if we hadn't stood up for it at one of the meetings. The continued Slot for Lake Trout at Grand lake along with the change to get rid of the long standing mistaken open limit in the summer is another example. If we hadn't of stood up with a room full of support there would no longer be a slot at Grand Lake, we don't get everything we want and some things they say they will do don't happen but thankfully they do listen to the voices from the Anglers. The more anglers that respond helps us all.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You have to stay on it. Filling out one survey most likely won't do it. Email your local fisheries managers often. Let them know what you catch and what your observations are. Maybe it will help them see things from a fisherman's perspective. These managers are busy and a lot of them have way to much water for one man to manage.If the fisherman keep relentlessly hitting them up with fisherman input. Then it's inevitable some of it will sink in . Like mentioned above. The fisherman will never get everything they we want. But something is better than nothing.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Did my part...I didn't say "I love to catch stocked rainbows!" so I sure they'll send my 2 cents straight to the round file!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts