·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edible afternoon. 19.5", 2.97 lbs.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice! good work!...lol don't u ever work?...u left too early...will give u a call in a few...i think my phone is in the car...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice, Kill kill kill! Looks tasty!!:thumb::thumb:
Can I have your job when you retire?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Couple Hero shots for ya Slayer, no mug shot necessary. This is one of 8 lakers in January over 36 inches that either myself or the guy i took with me caught. I know trophy lakers in the mountians aren't as cool as perch and eye jerkin in the city, but for me the drag rippin head shakin tug is the drug.

Your a great fisherman slayer and i give you a big ol pat on the back and an atta boy!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice, Kill kill kill! Looks tasty!!:thumb::thumb:
Can I have your job when you retire?
What exactly is he retiring from?...why would you?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Edible afternoon. 19.5", 2.97 lbs.

the story for this is, as i was leaving to go get my kid from daycare... I jokingly told slayer, "yeah i expect a picture in an hour of you fishing the spot, of you with a 3 lb walleye.

an hour and 15 minutes later... he sends me the above pic with the weight on it.

I called this **** like a walleye whisperer. too bad I couldn't seal the deal on 2 of them I had mug my bladebaits. one day i'll ice a stupid walleye... till then i'll take my 2 participation trophy style 1.5 and 2 lb slimers and few perch and make tacos outta them. ill be back sunday.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah 1 by 1 everyone left till I was all alone. Then the wind stopped dead ass calm.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey Fordo you fish in your bathtub I'll fish in mine-

Looks like it hasn't gotten over 10F up there in a while.

You can have all that sheet-

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Atta boy Slaya' sorry I couldn't join the festivities. Honey-do's took priority this weekend (Gotta keep the boss happy).

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hmmmmmm 10 degrees -vs- 45 degrees. Know which one I'd choose 8) Be there tomorrow
Thank you for opting not to fish up here for now. I hope between know and when it warms up you will check out some of the info about out how lethal gill grabs are on the bigger older lake trout.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I know, Right? Sure glad we kept it
Dang, that bums me out big time but you did the right thing by keeping the fish after you killed it for your hero shot. It would have died anyway. Atleast it wasn't that big of a fish.

I hope you decide to change your mind about killing lakers over 20 inches.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Fordo how do you know that fish would have died. You can grab a pike or countless other species of fish under the gill plate being careful of the gills and not hurt the fish. **** turn the TV on saturday morning and watch countless pro's grab fish the same way. If the fish is big enough to where your fingers stay away from the gills seems to be a easier way to control the fish for a safe release.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts