Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Al feel it necessary to push his religious views down my throat at the end of his fishing show? SHUT UP AND FISH!!!
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John said:
It is a bit "off-putting".
Great wording! That's exactly how I fell. It's almost as bad as this site with all its political crap.
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey guys, flame me if you want, but I'll bring the other side the discussion. I really enjoy Al Linder's message at the end of his shows. I feel that he keeps it short and if you don't like it, simply turn the channel. It is always at the end of his show, so you can enjoy his entire show except for the last 2-3 minutes. I'm a believer and I don't go to church that often so I enjoy Al's message. To each their own. No disrespect meant to anyone, just want to give the other side.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Jay said:
Why does Al feel it necessary to push his religious views down my throat at the end of his fishing show? SHUT UP AND FISH!!!
[me=Jay] [/me]
My religious view is I go to church every time I go fishing wtf. glad I'm not wasting my time watching his show. lol

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
LONGHORN said:
Hey guys, flame me if you want, but I'll bring the other side the discussion. I really enjoy Al Linder's message at the end of his shows. I feel that he keeps it short and if you don't like it, simply turn the channel. It is always at the end of his show, so you can enjoy his entire show except for the last 2-3 minutes. I'm a believer ... so I enjoy Al's message. No disrespect meant to anyone, just want to give the other side.
X2, and well said. (And interesting that the 'free speech' accorded to others is often found to be quite selective.)

·
Registered
844 Posts
It's his show and his sponsors, it is always tasteful IMO.
I'm sure your opinions of Madonna, Lady Gaga, and others who bash Chritianity are different than that of AL's.
Linder has been succesful and it seems he feels his faith is part of that success, whats the beef with that?
We (Christians) are under attack from most of the art/media world, I find him refreshing.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
captain shuyak said:
Jay said:
[me=Jay] [/me]
My religious view is I go to church every time I go fishing wtf. glad I'm not wasting my time watching his show. lol
Quit complaining Jay!!! now I gotta get back to Church. :'(

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Dont watch the last two minutes or dont watch his show or write his sponsors...its his show...he expresses many of his beliefs...such as Lindy rigs...Little Joe spinners...Lindy Darter...Rattln Flyer Spoons...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
We (Christians) are under attack from most of the art/media world, I find him refreshing.
Ya'll started it. >:D

I somewhat understand where you're coming from, Jay. I find it a little "off putting", as someone else described it. But it's his show and if I don't like it I can change the channel or boycott his sponsors. I don't care to do either one. His devotion seems genuine and it works for him, for his sponsors, and apparently for a big part of his audience, so it just doesn't bother me much in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Jay said:
Why does Al feel it necessary to push his religious views down my throat at the end of his fishing show? [me=Jay] [/me]
For the same reason you feel it necessary to "push" your selective harvest message at the end of every post. :D

I don't mean that harshly. I simply mean that it's a message he believes, that is important to him, and that he feels a need to spread. Just like you.

It's perfectly okay in both settings. Don't like the message? Don't watch the show.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Jay said:
Why does Al feel it necessary to push his religious views down my throat at the end of his fishing show? [me=Jay] [/me]
For the same reason you feel it necessary to "push" your selective harvest message at the end of every post. :D

I don't mean that harshly. I simply mean that it's a message he believes, that is important to him, and that he feels a need to spread. Just like you.

It's perfectly okay in both settings. Don't like the message? Don't watch the show.

Also nicely put! ;)

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I'm preety sure his beliefs are what caused him to separate from In-fisherman...those other guys couldn't take it anymore. Linder was pushing too hard. I watch his show...but I can't repeat any of his "messages"...in one ear and out the other for me. :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Lindner

I should win a prize :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts