Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pointed the truck west on Wednesday and found some cool fishing. 1st lake fished like 5-7pm fish were hitting my tube in like 2 feet of water. I missed quite a few. Still got a dozen or so to 18".

2nd day rode the old dirty bike over a 12,000 ft pass to a trailhead.A short hike brought me to a lake that Lakefinder said "May" contain lake trout.1st cast with a brown/orange fuzzy grub and a 15" laker was gotten. Next 3 hours was fish on landed 40-50 macs and brookies, no size really, but a blast they hit aggressively. Also had both lakes to myself.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice report thanks for sharing, really healthy looking brook trout. All that effort really payed off and I bet it was nice and cool up there too.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice, ridin dirt bike, fishing & camping! It doesn't get much better than that!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Awesome Mike! Really cool adventure with the dirt bike, and some great fish. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Gotta love that High Country isolation, very pretty fish, I envy you guys who hit the High lakes, I shuld have started fishing here 25 years ago!
Bill

·
Registered
372 Posts
Awesome Slayer! The dirt bike is an awesome idea! There is an alpine lake I have been meaning to hit for lake trout, but it is marked as a high clearance 4WD road to the trailhead. I am not 100 percent confident I should take my Volvo XC90 up there even though I have 9" clearance.

Seems like it might do some good keeping a few of those lakers! They look somewhat stunted. Overpopulation maybe? I don't have much experience with Lake trout in alpine lakes though, maybe they don't grow as big in the smaller lakes??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts