Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the lower gunnison at pleasure park yesterday. Run off is in full swing. I tied on one lure and never changed and same for the Gf. I used a chartreuse shad hd and she used bubblegum. Tons of browns, some very chunky. Gf got a 4 pound bow and a 4" brown, fish were inhaling the lures.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I thought it was another thread about Slayer and lettuce bong rips...nice work Mr and Ms flyfishgeek!...love that style of fishing for browns...thats how I learned trout fishing the streams of southeastern Minnesota a billion years ago its seems...those fish back then had never seen a Rapala...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
You go in the back way? If so how was the road? Been curious what it is like when it gets wet...

Nice job btw.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The north fork is completely blown out, back way is the only option right now. Road was fine for me, but I left before the deluge started

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Thanks!

Seems like the road has plenty of rocks but still gun shy about traveling it if it is wet...don't wanna get stuck on the way in or out.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a few spots I am wary about washing out, and the big hill above the diversion would suck if it was slick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts