Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ibgriz and i fished the tourny on sat and sunday. it was hard to find any big eyes most were 13-15 inchs an 18 0r 19 was a big fish the water was very muddy. where griz caught 100 fish last week we didnt get any after find a few fish on friday, we at least had a place to start on sat. sat dawned with a south wind same as fri. we caught about 30 fish and weighed the 5 biggest. darned if we didn't come in in 3rd place and big fish of the day.
sunday was calm all day and no cloud cover, about 100 deg on the lake in a black boat and no shade. the bite started good for 2 nice fish and we found the livewell pump to fill the livewell went out but the ciculating pump worked so griz had to bail lake water into the livewell all day. then we had a period of no fish, moved and got some more mostly small fish but by 1:30 there was 5 good ones on board. then we went after a kicker fish but no luck. went to weigh in with what we had. we were in 1st with 1 team to weigh in but they didn't beat us. we also had big fish for the 2nd day and that won us 2 fenwick rods. the guys down there send out the invite for any colo guys that want to join the fun to come on down

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I had to do the same with my livewell a couple weeks ago, got on the water only to realize the pump was out luckily I had a bucket on board

·
Registered
113 Posts
ibgriz and i fished the tourny on sat and sunday. it was hard to find any big eyes most were 13-15 inchs an 18 0r 19 was a big fish the water was very muddy. where griz caught 100 fish last week we didnt get any after find a few fish on friday, we at least had a place to start on sat. sat dawned with a south wind same as fri. we caught about 30 fish and weighed the 5 biggest. darned if we didn't come in in 3rd place and big fish of the day.
sunday was calm all day and no cloud cover, about 100 deg on the lake in a black boat and no shade. the bite started good for 2 nice fish and we found the livewell pump to fill the livewell went out but the ciculating pump worked so griz had to bail lake water into the livewell all day. then we had a period of no fish, moved and got some more mostly small fish but by 1:30 there was 5 good ones on board. then we went after a kicker fish but no luck. went to weigh in with what we had. we were in 1st with 1 team to weigh in but they didn't beat us. we also had big fish for the 2nd day and that won us 2 fenwick rods. the guys down there send out the invite for any colo guys that want to join the fun to come on down

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
AWESOME guys!!! Well done
How many teams? Win some cash?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great job you two...team ZZ Top wins from Colorado!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts