Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up a high lake with Shoe and Doc Doom. Shoe flailed while me and Doom vertical jigged tubes off the cliffs. Those macs were extremely annoying with their subtle almost unimaginably light takes. And when we did hook them we lost most when they came to the surface or when we tried to walk them along the cliffs to the landing area(a couple 12"x12" rocks above the blue abyss).

So only a couple pics of the small ones that allowed us to land them. Still a heckuva day in the high rockies. No stinkin' crack for sure!

We each lost a couple 5-6 lbers and saw some pigs in the 15 lb range.

I lost 3 nice fish while vertical jigging sitting on the cliff while eating my sannie and cheetos.

Shoe flailed hard and finally got 2 macs on the flail stick tossing a white jig fly.Way to stick it out man! Some chicks dog even pee'd on his b-pack! The nerve of some people!:D

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like an action packed day. Nice fish. Apparently shoe was fishing in someone else's territory!
Nah it was just a bunch of chicks decided to party on the beach where shoe had left his b-pack while he was wading down the shoreline quite a ways-

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was sure out-gunned with the fly rod. I did manage a couple including this mutant one. I have caught bows like this with whirling disease but not a laker. It fought like a tree branch.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Shoulda let Doctor Doom work his magic on those pesky yahoos. :biggrin1:

They did it while we weren't looking. There was about 5 women and two dogs. They sounded like lovely women. But like slayer said we were too interested in the fish to be bothered. If I was single and not fishing I probably could've maneuvered a phone number out of it. If it was an actual phone number or not who knows. It was definitely a good time though.

And let's not forget my prized catch. Fought like a log...

And then I realized it was only a toothpick.

·
Registered
173 Posts
From 200 yards, I saw the dog lift its leg. And one of the ladies yell at him to quit already. The ladies were too bundled up for me to notice any hawtness. Nice meeting you doom. Glad we didn't pull any muscles on that steep hike down.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
From 200 yards, I saw the dog lift its leg. And one of the ladies yell at him to quit already. The ladies were too bundled up for me to notice any hawtness. Nice meeting you doom. Glad we didn't pull any muscles on that steep hike down.

Yes it was nice meeting you as well. My knees are creakin as we speak. Lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The high lake brotherhood runs deep. Good to see you all out enjoying the fall weather. Those mac's are eatin good in there.

Filthy dogs....

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn Sean it was a gorgeous day. Even the swampy ground was still spongy. No freeze yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts