Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This destination was the first place in Colorado I backpacked/camped, first high lake, and first place I caught cutthroats some 3 years ago. It was really nice paying it a second visit, and I took along a friend for her first ever backpacking trip which seemed appropriate. 4 mile hike in, camp is around 11,000 ft.

Caught tons of lil innocent cutts on dries till we felt sorry for them and gave em a break.

The crew.

We ran into some hunters late in the day as we were seeking out some unnamed blue circles on the topo map.

The one guy had drawn his goat tag after 14 years of applying and was very excited to be out scouting. They pointed out a bunch of sheep that I never would have spotted even though they were right above our lake.

Then, the one guy exclaims that he's spotted several goats up on the ridge no more than 2 minutes after we ran into them. They were ecstatic. It was kind of cool sharing in their joy. The season opened Monday, they informed us, and off they went to track the goats.

View from camp Sunday morning.

We had planned for temperatures below freezing at night, but to our complete surprise I doubt it even dipped below the low 40s, and there was absolutely no wind all night. I wore a t-shirt all day too. Shocking.

Packed it out, sped home, and went straight to the bar where I proceeded to liq up and watch my skins screw the pooch. Boy that hurt :-[ Great weekend though.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
We had planned for temperatures below freezing at night, but to our complete surprise I doubt it even dipped below the low 40s, and there was absolutely no wind all night. I wore a t-shirt all day too. Shocking.
LOL, first thing I thought when I saw the pic "damn, looks cold"... :D

Great report, and pics as per usual!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice shots Cam--like the ones of the wood. Those fish arent looking that skinny-pretty decent actually.

S

·
0 Posts
Ditch the desk and take up the camera full time - im serious !!

Damn nice report Cam, glad you didnt find ice either. I assume you went to "that place" you said you were headed to ? Gotta get back up there some time myself.

Now, i deed to find a fishin buddy like you have :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sweet report, awesome pics! Looks like an amazing trip indeed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts