Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Sherwin and Chinns today. Windy windy windy windy. The lakes were way way down. Still some leftover snow. My friend and I got the skunk for three hours, but his stepdad got 2 small brookies and a nice splake.

Fish the stream below and caught countless beautfiul brookies between 4-7 inches. Blue, green and orange all over them. We drifted worms and used some homemade flies.

Great time, but I wouldn't reccomend the lakes right now.

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
I have a friend who digs Chinns,we might hit it this fall.I hear you about that wind,it s#cks for fishing.How big was that Splake?

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Ive caught splake that look just like brookys and some that look like lakers.Some are so close that it takes a DNA analysis to tell them apart. Seriously!!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i too had heard that identifying splake can be difficult

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah Slayer is right they caught a big Splake out of Carter that they thought was a new state record brookie a couple of years back...I think they had to do the DNA thing with it to tell it was a Splake...if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
You do remember correctly! That guy was one pissed off dude.He told everybody that he had the state record brooky until his bubble was burst.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts