Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got out last night to do some fishing. As you all know, I've been chasing walleye. I got to the spot with a little daylight and started throwing. In no time at all, I had a fish. Right before it popped off, I got it in close enough to tell it was a decent trout. I continued throwing assorted jerks. By the time the next fish hit, it was dark. I was working a husky jerk super slow with some intermittent twitches and got nailed. Ended up with a decent eye. Not a trophy but I'll take it. Didn't get a length on her and she went right back in the water.

I worked the jerk for at least another hour and a half and hooked and lost two more fish, one of which felt really nice. Gonna go back tonight and see if I can make something happen. My walleye journey has only just begun but thank you to the people that have helped me get to where I am.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The year before last was awesome for me at chatty. Since the flood, I've had really crappy experiences there.
Ditto, but for me it's just don't the road so its hard to pass up when I want to dunk the boat after work. Keep it up! I've been thinking about pulling a couple shore vampire trips while the dams at the major lakes are closed.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto, but for me it's just don't the road so its hard to pass up when I want to dunk the boat after work. Keep it up! I've been thinking about pulling a couple shore vampire trips while the dams at the major lakes are closed.
Back at ya! I'll probably be out tonight, I'm sure. Supposed to get some wind and precip.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Congrats Whomp. While you're counterpart has been spending his time trolling and getting his ars spanked by the masses, you have been puttin' in work. Gives me hope that I will eventually find one as well. Lots of hours with nothing but a cold so far. But, I will keep on vamping until I figure it out.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats Whomp. While you're counterpart has been spending his time trolling and getting his ars spanked by the masses, you have been puttin' in work. Gives me hope that I will eventually find one as well. Lots of hours with nothing but a cold so far. But, I will keep on vamping until I figure it out.
Id be going hard at pueblo if I was you. Have you been hitting it?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Limited at night from the shore with the nets still up. But I have hit it a few times.
How about the Hollow at night?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts