Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got out last night to do some fishing. As you all know, I've been chasing walleye. I got to the spot with a little daylight and started throwing. In no time at all, I had a fish. Right before it popped off, I got it in close enough to tell it was a decent trout. I continued throwing assorted jerks. By the time the next fish hit, it was dark. I was working a husky jerk super slow with some intermittent twitches and got nailed. Ended up with a decent eye. Not a trophy but I'll take it. Didn't get a length on her and she went right back in the water.

I worked the jerk for at least another hour and a half and hooked and lost two more fish, one of which felt really nice. Gonna go back tonight and see if I can make something happen. My walleye journey has only just begun but thank you to the people that have helped me get to where I am.

· Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ditto, but for me it's just don't the road so its hard to pass up when I want to dunk the boat after work. Keep it up! I've been thinking about pulling a couple shore vampire trips while the dams at the major lakes are closed.
Back at ya! I'll probably be out tonight, I'm sure. Supposed to get some wind and precip.

· Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats Whomp. While you're counterpart has been spending his time trolling and getting his ars spanked by the masses, you have been puttin' in work. Gives me hope that I will eventually find one as well. Lots of hours with nothing but a cold so far. But, I will keep on vamping until I figure it out.
Id be going hard at pueblo if I was you. Have you been hitting it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.