Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it shouldn't be about catching, but about getting outside, enjoying nature, and spending time with the family.

Yeah :-\ . . . I still like to catch, and hate to get skunked. So, I have certain stipulations on what I call "skunked" One is, I have to have at least an hour to fish. Well, once we made it, I barely had a half hour to fish (Kara worked in the morning, so we didn't start till late afternoon. So I'll say right now no fish were caught :'(, but I'm not calling it a skunk ;D

I've fished this lake a few times in the past 2 years, and have caught every other trip (because I had more time ;))

The only other thing I'll add is that for the last 1/4 mile we hiked in the dark. Two climbers were nice enough to offer one of there headlamps, we returned in the parking lot.

Here are some pics (sorry about the lack of fish. They were rising, but with the kids yelling, the lack of time, and me being able to only cast about 10 feet... :D)

Wildlife on the way (There were a bunch of cows in the trees too)

I have a lot of reports to catch up on, this one was fairly recent. I wanted to get it out of the way (cause of the lack of fish :-[)

It really was a nice time w/ the family though :)

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love your reports. You are one of the luckiest people on earth to have such a beautiful family. I wish mine were young again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Great pics, great report, once again. When was this trip, by the way? I expect it wasn't in the last couple weeks, was it?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Missed you in your absence here James.......your reports are always so well done and enjoyable the lack of fish is likely far more painful for you than it is for us readers. Great stuff as always...fantastic photos. Good to see you around again.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Some of those pics are extremely good!! Nice, James..

D.J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts