Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be jigging for 11mile Kokanee this weekend for the first time and it would be great for some tips to give me a head start on searching for them. I have recently constructed a jigging machine and I'm fairly confident with what type of lures to use here. I am however needing to know where are the best places to set up for the salmon and what baits work best in conjunction with my jig. Thanks a bunch, all of the information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
we were catching them early and often last week in 35 fow just N of deer island. bite died around 10am. tipped everything w/wax and meal worms

11mile is snow covered, so bring a shovel with you to shovel a path east of your jigging box. hope this helps

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. The 11 mile website says I can catch them in most of the lake. and that "a walk to Deer Island may not neccesarilly be worth it". I'm not going to fool around with my chances, I'm going to hunker down as close to those bouys as I possibly can. Hope to see some fellow members out there on Sat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts