Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off from work so i went to brush hollow. It was a pretty nice day. The trout were slamming flies off the surface on the north end. Caught 3 largemouths, below are the two bigger ones. Caught one on a montera marvel and the other on a minnow. Also cought some trout, they are chillin in the freezer. Didnt find the crappie this time.

JC.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Its on 115 in the town of Penrose, if traveling from Colorado SPrings its before you hit highway 50. If coming from Pueblo or Canon City get off of 50 at the Penrose exit and go towards Colorado Springs. There is a big sign that says Brush Hollow Reservoir you cant miss it. (well you can but you shouldnt miss it)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, and incase anyone is wondering, these boys are still swimming around. I wont keep bass, love to catch them though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good job, Jeremy. I was there SAt caught 20 crappie and 15 bass or so, Saw a huge female bedding, but I could catch her. I will today though. I will take a picture for you guys. Water temp was 56 - 60 degrees.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Methiolate Man. Fished it Saturday too. Caught one 16" bass right away on the submerged timber on the North end. Not another bite all day. Windy and cold. Talked to a coulple guys who caught their limit on stocker bows. We fished every submerged tree on the north end of the lake and the stuff in the north cove, not even the slightest tap from a Crappie. Any hints?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The best bet for Crappie at Brush Hollow is to tip a small hook with about 1 or 2 inches of night crawler. Use a bobber to keep it out of the weeds you will slay the Crappie this time of year as they are all shallow looking to spray some milt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks, 8 inch tube jig. We used small tube/marabou jigs without a bobber and tried all depths. I was surprised we didn't even get a bite. A guy in a canoe caught about an 11 incher on a small chartreuse twister. That was the only one we saw. Do the larger ones hit the worms too or do you mostly catch smaller ones with the worms? Also what depth of water? We fished the submerged trees in 10-14ft and the willows in 4-8ft and no luck. I figured it was the rough weather on Saturday that kept us from catching a few, rather than Crappie fishing techniques.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Crappie don't come up shallow until the later part of the day I think because of the water temp, the biggest one I have caught out of Brush hollow is 11 inches but I think that is because of the recent draining of the lake has not allowed many of them to get bigger than that. The wind on Saturday made it tough but you need to find an area that is protected (I know that on Saturday it seemed like the wind was comming from every direction)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just got back from The Brush, slayed the bedding bass today. Only caught a few crappie, but I was targeting the large female bass. Caught 2 nice ones on separate beds. There is nothing like site fishing for bass. No other kind of fishing comes close. They were both about the size of Jeremy's. 16 inchers that weighted around 2 pounds. Caught a few males on Senkos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts