Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day! No wind until 3:00. Tried two different spots on the lake..caught eleven eyes in the first spot, but they were all shorts. Switched locations and it started out slow...but when that wind picked up, the fishing took off. Ended up with 32 eyes 7 between 18 and 19 and a half...and 8 smallies..lost a wiper at the toon..second week in a row to do that. Water temps ranged from 58 to 63 degrees. Had a blast...other than my jigging shoulder hurts tonight..Well worth the pain. Kept three eyes...still have two in the fridge from last week...and one bonus slab crappie..went 14 and a half inches..

A lot of shorts..

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Awesome there hobie! 2 in the fridge and 3 keepers today huh? HMMMMMMMMMMMM! ::) ;D

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Dang Hobie!! Do you ever get skunked? j/k Nice trip once again, Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome there hobie! 2 in the fridge and 3 keepers today huh? HMMMMMMMMMMMM! ::) ;D
I post reports...if anyone's doing the math..I always want to stay legal..still have some cats and crappie to finish off. Been eating a lot of warm water fish. Always do in May and June.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
I post reports...if anyone's doing the math..I always want to stay legal..still have some cats and crappie to finish off. Been eating a lot of warm water fish. Always do in May and June.
LOL...whoa big boy! I wasn't jabbing at anything about legalities as you know that's not me! I was thinking that's a lot of walleye to just be sitting around and was hinting at when's the fish fry! :yield::love::madgrin::hail::becky::cool:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Nice job! I am heading to Trinidad right now. Hope to at least get a half day of practice today? Thanks for the tips!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny thing yesterday...first cast..bonk on the fall and it's a stupid stocker trout..Come on...no one ever goes to Pueblo to catch wiper food.

And Ricky...I was skunked with zman at a walk in lake early this season...Met slayer and Grababrewski there..If I remember right Slayer caught a trout. Honestly, it would have been a tough bite and I think we did more BSing than fishing.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nicely done!

Seems to be about every night lately...Going to Roadhouse for Yvette's birthday with my Mom tonight...Ahhh Steak...and love their rolls..
I do have to pace myself sometimes. Fish three times a week is about all I can handle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts