Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Hohnholz Lakes #2 & #3 on Sat from 6:30am to noon. Most fish in the 17" to 19" range in #3. I caught maybe 10 of those - cutthroat, cuttbow, rainbow, and brown. Very healthy and fat. All were caught on dark woolly buggers with floating line. Terrible wind. Never saw a person there the entire time. Lost 3 20"+ fish. Lake #2 had "countless" numbers of 10" to 12" rainbows. That was fun too but I would advise on concentrating on #3. These lakes are off the Laramie River Rd near Woods Landing, Wyo. John

N

·
0 Posts
did you get a look at the Laramie? Was it blown out, off color?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Laramie looked great. I didn't fish it but it was tempting. There is lots of snow in the high peaks so I don't know if the good water conditions will last much longer. John

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I usually fish Hohnholtz alot, but didnt get up there a lot last year...im glad to hear its still fishing good. if you wade get there before late july or the weeds are hard to get past... except for on the east side. in late june/july there is a good damsel hatch there, dont forget your damsel patterns. also the callibaetis come off in the afternoon there, so bring along some size 16 and 14 adams. if they arent rising a size 14 dark hares ear will work wonders.

a few years ago me and a buddy had some 100+ fish days there...they must have just stocked it, but it was still fun. on those particular days elk hair caddis was the ticket. i love that area.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fished the inlet area but no water was coming in. The fish were biting all over the lake, even right by the parking lot. John

N

·
0 Posts
The Laramie looked great. I didn't fish it but it was tempting. There is lots of snow in the high peaks so I don't know if the good water conditions will last much longer. John
Sweet thanks john. Will be heading up minyana.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts