Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a few hours on Labor day after my dove hunt was cancelled. Only 16 inches but it felt pretty good to get one on an MS Slammer, especially because it was my first time fishing with it. Only took 127 casts. The problem with catching fish on these expensive baits is that it keeps giving me excuses to buy more. My wish list is growing bigger each day.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice fish! Is that a swivel connecting to the slammer? Any particular reason, like you found it has better action with it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice fish! Is that a swivel connecting to the slammer? Any particular reason, like you found it has better action with it?
The bait came connected to one when I bought it, so I just assumed you should fish with it. Maybe I am wrong, but considering it is a lipped bait I don't think it really matters a ton either way.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yea I doubt it matters much, one of my fishing buddies throws the slammer a lot and doesn't use the swivel so I was just curious

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I misread your first post, it is actually a snap not a swivel. I would never use a swivel for anything but spoons or spinners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts