Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
My favorite part is the guy who says "That was damn good hole, too", as he drifts off to what could well have been a watery grave. :D

Man, those guys were lucky! :eek:

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Those guys floated for something like three hours and traveled close to 2 miles in a stiff wind before they were rescued, all over 100+ feet of water. Lucky doesn't begin to describe the fact that they are all still alive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flaming gorge seems like it does not get very consistent ice. A few years Ago there was ice on it till till the last week of march. We hit the lake literally 3 days after ice off on april 1st. And this year the ice has pretty much broken up completely by now. Definatly a crazy lake thats for sure. That stiff constant wyoming wind can be a real pain in the neck.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
The ice on there has been very spotty all winter and parts of it have thawed and refrozen as many as 3X this winter. Most of the time there has been enough ice to keep boats off but not quite enough for what I consider safe ice fishing, at least in most of the areas that I would want to fish.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
The ice on there has been very spotty all winter and parts of it have thawed and refrozen as many as 3X this winter. Most of the time there has been enough ice to keep boats off but not quite enough for what I consider safe ice fishing, at least in most of the areas that I would want to fish.

I don't know. It looked pretty safe to me ::) ::) ::)

Which once again brings us to the age old question? If you get a divorse in Rock Springs is your exwife still your cousin?

·
Registered
386 Posts
No thank you to all of that.....I'll stick to my soft water program. I've got a lot of years to fish yet and I don't want to be swimming with the fishies in the cold water.

Always remember, "Ice is for bourbon".

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts